Empowering you to grow your business through change management and leadership
Better Business Clubs is developed out of Speed Networking Events, where we recognised that many entrepreneurs starting companies had specific skills, but often lacked general management abilities.
The club atmosphere comes with each member being "buddied" up with another member for support; our training team has a business hours help desk, each session is run by an accredited trainer.
Based on our combined industry experience in large corporations and SME's we put together a wish list. The wish list became the commissioned series of three courses, each of six training modules in an active learning format that would allow busy business owners and managers to take in the knowledge and implement the new skills between each club meeting, "without having to go back to school" completing written work. This is a hands on course, you will learn to know and trust your fellow Better Business Club members, over the study period each session starts with a group discussion on how well the implementation went.
Course 1. Foundation in management techniques
Course 2. Intermediate management
Course 3. Diploma in management
All three courses are certificated.
The programme covers the issues facing senior managers in today's competitive and widening market environment.
Program of events
• 6 sessions – held over 9 months
1 to 3 courses over 27 months
Programme delivered utilising 'Action Learning'.
• Members will be coached to conduct an initial business fact find and then produce 3 plans for implementation, in Business Effectiveness; Personal Effectiveness; Leadership Effectiveness.
1. Business fact find – Each member conducts a fact find of their business in the following areas, which also comprise the content programme:
2. Business effectiveness
• Business Planning - Strategic and Culture Management - Building future income
• Revenue Management - Sales, production, delivery, client services – Generating current income
• Financial Management – pricing, cash flow, cost management, profit.
3. Personal Effectiveness – managing self, working within time available, achieving objectives, managing energy.
4. Leadership Effectiveness - leading staff, strategic partners and clients, creating a desired culture, communicating and managing others effectively.
Better Business club membership also includes:
• Workshop materials:
• Business tools:
• Case studies:
• Forum and discussion group:
• Remote coaching support
What you get from Better Business Club membership
1. A thorough understanding of what it means to be a senior manager today
2. Strategic thinking and planning skills
3. Advanced people management skills
4. Practical experience of dealing with complex issues and making difficult decisions
5. Expert advice and stimulation to inspire your performance
6. A Course Certificate
8. On-going support, additional tips and advice to sustain your motivation and support your personal development when you are at work
9. Access to the Better Business Club telephone help-line so you can get individual post-course support from your tutor when you need it.